Hailing out the far corner of the world, 22 year old singer and songwriter Wisdom Asuzu one of the rising talents in Music Industry . His versatility and willingness to try new styles along with his humble personality makes him a perfect collaborator for producers.
Here’s an exclusive interview with ASTOLDBYADA. Let’s Begin
Hi Wisdom, thanks for taking the time to talk to us, im sure a lot of people are already familiar with your craft but for those not in the loop please tells us a little bit about yourself.
1. When and why did you start playing?
# Okay that’s a bit tough.
I Started playing 2015, I have always loved Music 🎵, back then I always went to the studio with my Friend (Wizard) and then boom, I was like Fuck it I can actually do this.
2. Is your family musical? If Yes Describe your family member’s musical interests and abilities.
# Not really, well my Sister is a really good singer too.
3. How have you developed your career?
# Hmmm, a lot. Initially rapped only, right now I sing and play the instruments a lot too. Am also a producer.
4. Which famous musicians do you admire and have you learnt from?
# I admire a lot of musicians, I would say Ross, in Africa Burnaboy and also Tory Lanez.
5. When did you form your band? What inspired you to make music together?
# Am not in any band, am a single artist, I work with different producers.
6. Do you have a record label? Are you a member of any music organizations?
# Yes, I have a record label named High Tunes Records.
7. Who was your first teacher? Other teachers?
# YouTube was my First teacher
8. Who writes your songs?What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs? Do you think these topics will change over time?
# I write 95% of my songs.
# It depends on my mood and how I feel at that moment because how the spirit leads Lol.
# Yes Definitely, as I said depends on my feelings.
9. Could you briefly describe the music-making process?
# If it’s a song you are producing yourself, it starts by making the beats from scratch before trying to compose the song and if you’re working with a producer then it’s basically the producer making the bits and then you just vybez. Once the melody keeps playing then lyrics starts coming to your head and you just start creating. It could take a lot of time or it could be fast. It depends
10. Are you seeking fame or fortune?
# Am seeking both, more of fortune. Lol. Once you have fortune, you have fame.
11. What can you tell me about your instruments?
# Instruments are addictive, they start the sounds, they are just wonderful. I play two instruments Guitar and Piano.
12. Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge for offering financial or emotional support?
# Yes my Parents, a lot of emotional support and myself.
13. How do you balance your music with other obligations – mate, children, job, school?
# I don’t balance my music with anything. I give myself 100% dedication. Am done with school, my job is music, no Kids, my friends are mostly Musicians and Producers. So it’s all music.
14. What advice would you give to beginners who are nervous?
# Just do it, get into into the studio, have that courage, Fuck fear, Fuck People. People will always talk. Focus on yourself. It’s all about you and no one else.
15. Any last words?
# My Single drops on Thursday, 13th September 2018, another one comes out in less than a month with videos back to back. A level shit. Everything is going so well am so happy. SO WATCH OUT
Follow him: Instagram.com/litvybes
Also : Instagram.com/high2unes