Pepper fruit, which is botanically known as Dennettia tripetala G. Baker. It is mostly dominant in the West African region especially Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Cameroon.
Many people in Nigeria, or known as the Igbos, call the fruit as mmimmi, including Ako in Edo, Nkarika in Ibibio, Ata Igbere or igbere in Yoruba, imako in Urhobo and aki in Bini
1. Nutritional benefits: Pepper fruit contains water-soluble vitamins such as niacin, ascorbic acid, riboflavin and thiamine. Unripe pepper fruit contains higher amount of vitamin C, vitamin A and minerals more than the ripe ones. Both the fruit and the leaves were found to contain secondary metabolites such as phenol, carbohydrate, terpenes, flavonoids, tannin and alkaloids. Dennettia tripetala contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, crude fibres, crude protein, moisture, 62% carbohydrate,crude lipids,phosphorus, trace elements such as cadmium, iron, zinc and copper.
2. Edible Purposes: It can be used as a pepperish spice for seasoning and flavouring food, especially in Zobo drink.
3. Plays a great role as anti-microbial properties, insecticidal property,
4.Reduces the growth of prostate cancer cells and treat them
5. Cures liver and kidney damage
6.Heals womb after giving birth
7. Controls blood sugar level
Benefits of Bitter Kola.
1. Bitter Kola Can Improve Your Lung Function
2. Bitter Kola Is An Excellent Source of Antioxidants
3. Bitter Kola Can Assist With the Treatment of HIV: Many traditional medicine men in these affected regions have long used bitter kola as a form of treatment for HIV.
4. Bitter Kola Can Help Relieve Pain From Arthritis
5. Bitter Kola Is An Effective Cold Remedy
6. Bitter Kola Can Assist Your Weight Loss Efforts
7. Bitter Kola Can Improve Male Sexual Health
8. Bitter Kola Can Help Treat and Prevent Glaucoma:Glaucoma is a condition that affects the eyes, causing your optic nerves to weaken over time, potentially leading to partial or complete blindness.
9. Bitter Kola Can Be Used to Treat Malaria Symptoms
10. Bitter Kola Can Help Balance Blood Sugar Levels
Side effects of Bitter Kola
The most common side effects associated with bitter kola include:
• Dry mouth
• Rapid heartbeat
• Stomach cramps
1. Consumption PurposesAlligator pepper is a popular spice that is normally snacked upon especially by elders and sometimes youths. In traditional meetings and events. The alligator pepper is usually served together with kola nuts and peanut butter (ósè ọ́jị́) as part of the customary rites.2.Anti-oxidizing Properties :Alligator pepper seeds are an excellent source of phytonutrients.
3.Treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders
4. It is used for used for preparing concoctions for treating and healing wounds
5.It has antimicrobial Properties
6. The leaves are used for preparing herbal medicines for preventing and treating malaria.
7. The seeds aid easy digestion of food thereby preventing constipation and bloating
Benefits Of Eating Peanut Butter (ósè ọ́jị́)
1. Heart Healthy
2. Healthy protein source
3. Diabetes superfood
4. Source house of essentially vitamins
5. Maintains blood pressure level